The 2022 Biennial Meeting will include two poster sessions and centers should plan to bring either one or two posters. Posters can focus on the core of what your center does and/or can highlight recent successes and best practices.
Please note that the two poster sessions will be in different locations and centers will be responsible for moving their posters in between sessions.
Please plan to staff your poster during the Day 1 Networking Reception and Poster Session. You do not need to staff your poster during the Day 2 Graduation Ceremony, Perfect Pitch Awards, and Poster Session.
** The 2022 cohort of ERCs should not plan to bring posters.**
Size and Dimensions
- The dimensions of our poster boards are 4’ high by 8’ wide. We strongly recommend that your poster is no larger than 42” x 42” to leave room for poster numbers and push pin cups, which will be provided. You can download a suggested poster template here.
- Each center will be assigned a poster board.
- Posters may be printed in portrait or landscape format (as long as it is no larger 42” x 42”).
- Posters should be printed on paper or fabric. Please do not use foam core.
- Please keep in mind that your poster should be legible from at least 3 feet away.
Content and Messaging
We strongly suggest that your poster includes the following information:
- Authors, Advisors
- Logos: Your Center’s logo, NSF logo, & NSF/ERC program (optional) logo
- ERC Name and acronym
- Lead institution
- Core partner institutions
- Center vision
- Core of what your center does
- Highlight recent successes and best practices
- Watch this 7-minute video on best practices for preparing an effective poster
During the Conference
- Posters should be hung before your poster session begins. There are periodic networking breaks throughout the day during which you can set up your poster. Onsite staff at the registration desk can help you find the poster session area and/or your poster number, if needed.
- Thumbtacks will be available onsite for mounting the displays.
- Designate at least one center representative to stand by your posters for the duration of the poster session.
- Consider providing a handout summarizing your research and include your contact information or be sure to have your business cards available for those who request your contact information. If you plan to provide a handout, please print these, and bring them the conference.
- Please remove your poster from the board following each poster session.
Graduation and Awards Ceremony and Reception
The Biennial Meeting will close with an Graduation Ceremony, Perfect Pitch Awards, and Poster Session and will feature the Perfect Pitch awards and celebrate the graduating centers. Semi-formal dress is encouraged!